Activision Demanded Higher Revenue Share from Microsoft to Keep Releasing Call of Duty on Xbox

Activision Demanded Higher Revenue Share from Microsoft to Keep Releasing Call of Duty on Xbox

Whether or not or not Name of Obligation will turn into unique to Xbox if Microsoft’s proposed $69 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard goes by has been a subject of debate for some time now, however funnily sufficient, the franchise was near dropping Xbox releases and near turning into unique to PlayStation consoles.

The identical was revealed by Xbox’s company vp Sarah Bond as a part of her testimony at a latest Microsoft vs FTC listening to (by way of TweakTown), the place she revealed that on the outset of the Xbox Sequence X/S console cycle, Activision CEO Bobby Kotick threatened to tug Name of Obligation from Xbox consoles if Microsoft didn’t comply with the next income share for Activision from software program gross sales on its platform.

“It was clear that Name of Obligation could be on PS5 and that will not have been good if it was not additionally on Xbox if it was launching on the identical time,” Bond mentioned. “It was clear if we didn’t transfer past the usual income share, he wouldn’t place Name of Obligation on Xbox.”

The usual income share for video games launched on consoles has usually been a 70/30 cut up, with the writer receiving 70% of all income generated from gross sales, and the platform holder taking the remaining 30%. Based on the FTC, following Kotick’s calls for, Microsoft agreed to an 80/20 cut up with Activision Blizzard.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*