Warning: This text incorporates SPOILERS for Rick and Morty season 7, episode 6.
- Rick and Morty season 7, episode 6 principally ignores the present’s lore and canon, however the post-credits scene teases a brand new villain after the loss of life of the principle antagonist.
- The episode parodies the storyline from a earlier episode by bringing Morty’s churro to life, and the churro vows violent vengeance on Morty after being deserted on a desolate planet.
- The speaking churro may probably develop into a recurring main villain within the collection, with a backstory just like Evil Morty and Rick Prime, establishing a brand new potential antagonist for the present.
Whereas Rick and Morty season 7, episode 6 principally ignores the present’s lore and canon, the outing’s post-credits scene does arrange a brand new villain after the loss of life of the present’s foremost antagonist. Rick and Morty began life as an anarchic, madcap parody of household sitcoms and sci-fi tv exhibits, however the collection quickly turned one thing darker and extra advanced. By the tip of Rick and Morty season 5, the collection had its personal authentically threatening villains like Rick Prime and Evil Morty, in addition to difficult lore and a tragic backstory for Rick. Nevertheless, Rick and Morty season 7 has balanced darker episodes with goofy storylines that act as foolish standalone adventures.
For instance, Rick and Morty season 7, episode 5, “Unmortricken,” was a show-shaking outing that noticed Rick and Morty staff up with Evil Morty to lastly kill Rick Prime as soon as and for all. After a bloody battle, Rick beats his nemesis to loss of life together with his naked palms, solely to really feel numb and empty after the very fact. Regardless of this darkish twist, Rick and Morty season 7, episode 6, “Rickfending Your Mort,” marks a wild clip show-type outing whereby Rick audits Morty’s claims concerning the pair’s adventures, just for the duo to finish up unintentionally killing the omniscient Observer facilitating their audit. Nonetheless reeling from the earlier episode’s villain developments, Rick and Morty season 7, episode 6’s post-credits scene follows up the audit storyline by teasing a brand new antagonist substitute for future misadventures.
Morty’s Churro Might Turn into A Main Rick & Morty Villain After Put up-Credit Scene Tease
In a single “Rickfending Your Mort” section, the present even parodies the storyline that “Unmortricken” ended. In a single quick scene, Rick brings Morty’s churro to life. Rick and Morty season 7, episode 4 already debated the ethics of consuming aliens after they took their very own lives, however this sequence as a substitute sees Morty ask Rick to provide his snack sentience only for enjoyable. Morty initially has a good time hanging out together with his churro earlier than he finally decides that he not needs the meals to be alive. To Morty’s horror, Rick informs him that he can’t undo the churro’s self-awareness.
This leads to Rick and Morty abandoning the candy deal with on a distant, desolate planet, main Morty’s churro to vow violent vengeance on him. The gag returns in Rick and Morty season 7, episode 6’s post-credits stinger, that means the churro is prone to present up once more after this outing. Now that Rick and Morty killed off Rick Prime, this churro may even develop into a recurring main villain within the collection. In spite of everything, his origins aren’t all that completely different from Evil Morty’s backstory, with each characters being betrayed by a model of the present’s heroes and vowing to not relaxation till they lastly get revenge on their former pal.
Rick and Morty Season 7 Episode 6 Mocks The Present’s Villain Canon
The speaking churro is undeniably a ridiculous character, however his backstory mirrors each Evil Morty’s origins and Rick’s feud with Rick Prime. This allowed Rick and Morty to spoof its extra critical episodes just one week after the present’s darkest outing ever. Whereas the churro’s promise to trace down Morty is hilarious, it is not all that completely different from Rick C-137 devoting years to monitoring down Rick Prime or Sluggish Mobius’s widow contemplating the identical path in Rick and Morty season 7’s saddest post-credits scene. Thus, this gag permits Rick and Morty season 7 to concurrently parody its present villains whereas additionally establishing a brand new potential antagonist for the present.
Rick and Morty
- Launch Date:
- Spencer Grammer, Justin Roiland, Kari Wahlgren, Chris Parnell, Sarah Chalke
- Animation, Journey, Comedy
- Rick and Morty is an journey/Sci-Fi animated collection that follows the intergalactic, inter-dimensional adventures of super-genius Rick Sanchez and his less-than-average grandson Morty Smith. Rick’s daughter, Beth, his granddaughter, Summer time, and his hated stepson, Jerry, additionally take middle stage as a rule. Hailing from creators Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon, the collection blends comedy with science fiction as a manner of exploring all kinds of themes aimed toward an grownup viewers.
- Story By:
- Dan Harmon, Justin Roiland, Tom Kauffman
- Dan Harmon, Justin Roiland, Tom Kauffman, Eric Acosta
- Cartoon Community
- Streaming Service(s):
- Rick and Morty
- Dan Harmon, Ryan Ridley, Lee Hardcastle
- Dan Harmon